Thursday, February 24, 2011

breathing week

I have been having the most lovely week! Sometimes when I idealize things I get disappointed when it doesn't turn out as I had so hoped it would. This week has not been one of those experiences which I am so happy about! I have: done an abundant amount of thrifting (from which I procured two pieces of vintage pyrex, a beautiful traditional inuit coat, picture frames and a gorgeous brass mirror... Ah!), made a trip to Steinbach with the loveliest of gals, baked muffins, cooked dinner every night (except tonight!), drank so much tea and coffee, etc. etc. etc. I am also reading a book for school and pleasure (lucky when that happens!) that I am halfway done called "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" by Rhoda Janzen. It's witty and about Mennonites and proving to be an easy and enjoyable read.

I can't say enough about a week off. I keep thinking about how generous it is for my school to give me (and all other students) a week off to breathe. It's amazing what it has done for my health and my overall morale. I took a two hour nap tonight, which left me terribly confused and fuzzy headed, but it felt nice to not wake up panicked about all the things I did not accomplish during those two hours.

I realize that this post is undeniably boring, but I can't contain my general bliss and joie de vivre this week. Feelings like these are to be treasured and I'm savouring every last drop.

Since my nap is seriously affecting my bedtime, I think I will turn on a movie and wash some dishes, because those are things a person on holidays does at 11 pm.

V. xo

No comments: