Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mountains of fun

Ah, back to work after a long weekend. Something typically not anticipated, yet this year's extra day felt longer than average. Do I have a job? When was the last time I was there? Honest thoughts scrolling through my brain on Tuesday's eve left me gratefully logging the events of the weekend, and with content I compiled a mental list of the fun that was had over the last few days: breakfast date, biking, coffee, 2 movies at the theatre, exchange district wandering, sangria, mall walking, more biking, lunch date, birthday party in the park, a movie at home, etc. Yikes. Could it get any better?

This summer has been a different experience for plenty of reasons. The weather has been sub-par to say the least, but regardless of that seemingly significant downfall, it has been one to be remembered. Friendship is at an all-time high, and love is swinging from him to her to her to him. Dates and day-trips galore, I don't feel as though this summer is passing me by with nothing to show. No, this season has brought and taken more than I imagined, and for re-assurements sake, it won't stop in September.

Also, one month until school starts. It's slightly shameful how eager I am to buy my textboks and sneak into my favorite homework location on campus. My courses are picked and my schedule is made. A planned life is a happy life in my books.


Happily yours,
Vanessa

No comments: