Wednesday, August 5, 2009

En route

I wouldn't say that my ride to work is a commute, no, it's more of a jaunt. I wear my work clothes while cycling, and they are far from sweaty when I arrive at the tinted glass doors on the 7th floor. 155 Carlton is a short 10 minute bike ride, at a fast pace I might add, from my door step on the 3rd floor of my lovely abode dans le village. Yesterday, in that short yet stressfull trek through the roar of rush houred drivers, the leg of my right pant got caught in the chain of my bike. I realize that wide leg pants are not the ideal outfit for riding a bike, but rolled up and ready, I thought they proved themselves fairly versatile. The quick spin on my trusty two-wheeler would turn to into a hike when I turn it in for walking shoes. The 10 minutes of travel time would turn to 25, and 25 minutes is the amount of time that would be stolen from me and my peaceful cradle. What to do, what to do...Ride those pants to shreds, take the hike, or put together a work riding outfit and change upon arrival. None are great options but one will have to suffice. Not today though, I wore a dress.

My email team abandoned ship today, designsponge is leaving a lot to be desired, my daily creeps have yet to post and Landy is not answering his phone.


Bored forever,
Vanasty.

1 comment:

tiffany said...

i like your blogs. I also like calling in sick.