Thursday, April 24, 2008

Naturally tragic

Woe is us Winnipeg, woe is us.

Waking up to snow slash slush slash hail hitting my window this morning was not something that I would like to repeat again in the near future. As if waking up at seven isn't hard enough sans snow, but with the sound of precipitation in addition to the dismality of another day at work, it was quite the feat. As motivation would have it, when the time was upon me to open that door to frigid flakes hitting my face I was there, in my place, ready to run. Here I am now sitting at a table full of Dell's with a bunch of boys wearing backwards hats and black hoodies, some chatting, some job searching and then there is me, being the least productive of them all. Tis grand to be the one with a job. Although I have used my time wisely exactly once this morning; Career Cruising. I figured if the clients get to find out what career they should dream of (my apologies for the negativity, but the chances are slim that it will happen), so should I. To my dismay, the top three careers that supposedly suit my character were all in the military. Accurate, n'est pas? Well, when I am forty and facing a dis-satisfied life, at least I will know that it is my own fault for choosing the wrong profession... for I should have been on the ground in a muddy trench; apparently there would inlay my satisfaction - Thanks Career Cruising.

Well, the room is filling and my hope is that there will be something worth while for me to entertain myself with in the next ten minutes. In preparation for the anticipated task, it is time for me to depart.

Stay dry,

Yours Truly.

1 comment:

Jonarkle said...

I don't think you should be so negative!! I support you 110%. If being a military commander is your dream.. then you should do it, I think you would be good at it... hanging from black hawks with your automatic rifle, yelling out orders as the terrorists shoot back at you.

Yep.