Friday, September 21, 2007

[insert relevant title here]

I was juuuust about to name this blog "Mixtape" and then start the write by saying "Well, more like mix cd, but mixtape is more vintage and cool." But then I realized that it's not a rare occasion that I name a blog something irrelevant but think it sounds better so I just do it anyways. I just caught myself in the act. No more of that I say.

Lately my job has not been fun. Like, not even a little bit of fun. I'm talking about the furthest thing from fun. I've been too busy to enjoy being here and very stressed because I do more jobs than the actual employees do. It's ridiculous to say the least and every day that I spend here seems like the longest one I've ever had. Usually to help pass the time I play music from You Tube but it's kind of annoying and a waste of time to continuously be searching for a new song. Also since I'm not very good at things like You Tube or just the Internet in general, I get skumped by the wanna-be musicians who do covers for the real deal. It makes me angry and then I have to find the real one. This probably isn't a problem for anyone but me... but that doesn't make it any less of a problem now does it? No. Yesterday I had a revelation from the Lord, I'm sure. This not too brilliant idea hit me like a tonne of bricks, and even though I couldn't carry out the plan immediately, my day lightened immediately which was just wonderful. Cd's were my brain-wave. They are a fool-proof solution to my music craving at work, an idea even someone internetally challenged can execute. So hooray, today my life has improved at least 23% and I am a happy little lady with my tunes blaring the shit out of the dell hardware beside me.

This brings me to my next point. The first cd that I inserted into drive D this morning was a mix cd from my dearest of all dear friends Alexis... at least I think that's her name. It could be Alexay though. Who knows... Regardless of what her name is, she hand-picked the songs in loving memory of me exactly a year ago. Not REALLY in memory because I was definitely still at home when she made it, whatever the case may be, it's a great cd and when I put it in this morning, it brought me back to my plane ride from Vancouver to Sydney (the plane ride from Winnipeg to Vancouver my own sobbing kept me from hearing the music blaring out of my headphones into my ears... Poor poor man beside me). I love hearing a song and having memories play like a movie in my head with the music as their soundtrack. By far, one of the best feelings ever (unless of course it's horrible memories... then I turn that shit OFF).

This is the "leaving on a jet plane" mix:

1. Fidelity - Regina Spektor
2. It's a Hit - Rilo Kiley
3. Long Distance Call - Phoenix
4. Crazy - Gnarles Barkley
5. This is the sound of Win and Regine - Final Fantasy
6. The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel
7. Swallow - the Wailin' Jennys
8. Doubting Thomas - Nikel Creek
9. In the Devils Territory - Sufjan Stevens
10. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
11. The Henney Buggy Band - Sufjan Stevens
12. To All of You - Syd Matters
13. Saul Bellow - Sufjan Stevens
14. Heartstopper - Emiliana Torini
15. Jolene - Ray LaMontagne
16. Glory Bound - Martin Sexton
17. Casmir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens
18. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
19. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

Behold - A set of my personal melodic nostalgia for your eyes to scan and your ears to enjoy. Love it or leave it. Either way, I'm about to leave you.

Werd.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

there.
i did it, i finally caught up on your blog and all i have to say is that you make me laugh loud.

<3