Friday, September 28, 2007

Bitter sweet

First things first, Academy Lanes is the place to be on a Thursday night. Watch me bail so hard next week, but as of right now I have full intentions of being there on a weekly basis. Last night was the first time I attended the recently dubbed traditional Thursday night attraction. The evening itself, though I subscribed to the event warily, proved quite successful; mostly sweet, yet there was a tad bit of bitterness as well. Allow me to explain myself...

The evening took off with four good attitudes in a civic arriving solo yet in style... Or not in style, I guess it really depends what you consider stylish these days. Regardless of what we were wearing, we typed our names into the screen for the first time (there were many changes made through out the evening by a seemingly immature teenager, however truth be told he's 20 and quite responsible... never would have guessed by the name he typed himself: Palmala Handerson), and started off our first game. I actually came in second which was quite miraculous considering my bowling techniques and the continuous distraction of the wonderful 80's music videos on the screen right above the pins. Strategically placed I'm sure. Following our first game, Nate's victory, with my spandexed self in tow, the boys lead the way outside with Marlboro Reds as our goal and prize. A cigarette all to my sober self? Why I'd never done such a thing as this before! Shocked and amazed at myself upon accomplishing my first soberly smoked butt in ground, I was in love with the drunken sensation that overwhelmed my body which was slowly making it's way to the ground. Yet before my muscles completely collapsed, men prevailed and steadied my wobbly body on... themselves. Thank-you's were in order and we shuffled ourselves inside. We made our way back to our lane, a crew of more boys showed up and before we knew it game number two had come and gone and we were on our way outside for our second dose of nicotine. Seconds later I was on the ground, seconds after that my head between my knees, seconds after that my cigarette was laying on the ground and after 10 more painful minutes in a car ride home, I was collapsed on the floor of the bathroom romancing the toilet. I leave the rest to your imagination. Actually I will not, why does smoking make you puke? That's all I want to know. Granted I'm quite the amateur inhaler - and I do commit right here, right now that I will never be an expert - but still... my question stands. Dazed and confused after my bathroom session I brushed my teeth and hit the sac. The night was more than done.

Fun was most definitely had, my blue spandex made their way out of the drawer again, and dancing was done in the alley... What more could you want from a Thursday night? Confusing yet wonderful, bitter yet sweet. I'll do it again next week with just one elimination: the tobacco.

Adios.

8 comments:

chris.siemens. said...

aww come on! now ull be able to handle 2 lol. u built up an immunity!

Brittany said...

oh nessy<3...

next week i want to see you romancing those blue tights a little more and the toilet a little less... k?

alexa renee said...

now i can comment on your blog and say how funny you are.
YOU'RE FUNNY.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Seems like there was a lot of Brittaciousness and Vansassyness going on... I like tights, despite the fact that I could never pull them off.

kNate said...

i told brit this tonight, and now i am telling you.. you have to promote bowling!!! i thought up a slogan! "80's bowling, it's like indie night but with a lot more balls!"

Brittany said...

brittacious & vansassy.
we are quite the combo.
i tell yah.

alexa renee said...

uhhh vanasty!
hello my sweet love.
so basically i don't know how to use blogs...how do i get the thing where you can put links to your friends blogs on the side?
i don't get it.
i'm blog illiterate!!!
or half brain dead.
love you!
alexa