Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Souvenir

Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone and it's subtitle reads "success". From Friday to Monday this girl was grinning (at least on the inside); nothing brings a grin more than a good ol' turkey. I LOVE meat.

Birds and expanded stomachs aside, the weekend brought more highlights than just those. Brunch avec the siblings was a new event for us kids, one that I would love to repeat. It sent us walking, nay - trotting down memory lane and laughs were flying as we did just that. Discussing R & J's parenting techniques guarantees a hilarious discussion and this time was no exception. If we had an agenda for brunch, it most certainly would have read "words that the parents made up and taught us". Not the most captivating title, but it's all I got right now. Anyways, upon blurting out different words that we thought were real as children, Drew and Nils have now proven them faulty. I'm sure urbandictionary.com wouldn't even carry them.

Here they are words and definitions, compliments of R & J Hiebert:

1. Goosie: Blowing/vibrating lips on someone's bare skin (usually on the stomach) It's spitty and funny.A.K.A (apparently) zerbert, raspberry, blow-skin...

2. Shniggle: The name of one arm-pit.

3. Fritz: The name of the other arm-pit.

4. BM: Short for bowel movement. We weren't allowed to say poo.

5. Poof: Fart.

I think that might be it. There may be more and for your entertainment's sake, I'm sorry if there are because I've forgotten. Needless to say, even my bed ridden self was busting a gut over these and I hope that if I'm ever a parent I also make up words and tell my kids they are real. I will most definitely be stealing "Shniggle and Fritz" from my parents - it will be grand.

Happy belated Thanksgiving.
Love Vanasty.

4 comments:

kNate said...

did you go to work today? Or are you becoming a full time blogger?

Jonarkle said...

I thought you were a vegetarian! I had no idea...

HA.


Our family had what we called "Huggles" Becuase they were half hug (my parents side) Half Struggle (My sister and me). They would happen in the morning before my dad would go off to work, and me elementary school.

vanessa said...

Huggles! Ha! I love it.

The truth is that I most certainly do NOT love meat. However, when it comes to holidays and their according meals... I'm all for it.

Brittany said...

sooooo... your's isn't the only family with made up words/phrases. here's a little taste of the dictionary, hildebrandt style: (cred goes to mostly my mom, she's full of 'em)

- junk, to junk someone, don't junk me, etc: bump up against, hipcheck, push, etcetc.

- titch: a small amount of something.

- don't face me: (a fave of the repertoire) don't make faces, don't look at me weird or... don't look at me at all.

- ditch pig: snow plow (don't ask me why... i have NO idea)

- a jack johnson: an out of control, speeding driver on the highway.

- stitch: someone who is being silly, annoying, crazy, or anything of the sort.

oh my... i think we were destined to be roomies... our families are longlost fo shhhhho...

p.s. a bonus from avery's family:

- fuzzy gug: lint/fuzz on clothing.

(the funny thing about that one is that aves SWEARS it's real terminology. it's gotten to a point where i just agree with her... haha.)