Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Magic Sheets

There is something about the sheets on my bed at this very moment. They might be magic.

My family has always prioritized bed sheets matching the color scheme of the bedroom. For example, when I was younger, my room was yellow, I had yellow flower curtains, a yellow flower bedspread and of course, yellow sheets. Then I moved to the room next door in order to live in solitude and wanted to paint these new walls of mine yellow (I guess I like yellow walls?), but I wanted to have red "things", So I had red curtains, red sheets, and a red bedspread. After that move, I moved right back to the old room where, in the meantime, my sister had painted the walls a wonderful, pleasing to the eye, combination of blue's. She had blue curtains (bad choice) accented with white sheets and bedspread. After she went and got herself married, I took over and resumed the same color scheme. Then I went to Australia and my loving mother did some touch-ups in the room and bought me new sheets; some blue, some white. She also bought me new pyjamas which was a thoughtful gesture on her part... The pyjamas obviously matched the color scheme of the room; white and blue. That's my mom for ya.

The white sheets are special.

See, the first time I put those sheets on my bed, I knew something was different about them. I knew they weren't just sheets, but something more, indeed something out of this realm. No, that's a lie, but really... they are incredible. When I wake up in the morning all I can think about is the sheets on my bed. The thoughts that run through my head are, no, not "I want to stay in bed", but "I need to stay between these sheets". They are so silky (but not silk), soft (not flannel), pretty (they aren't [insert something funny that I can't think of here]) ... Just all around amazing. I can't even find the words to describe the magnitude of their splendor. If only everyone could have a snooze in my bed to experience these sheets. They really make getting out of bed at 5:25am quite the feat. Today that was definitely the case... I lost though. My mom got me out of bed at 5:40. Thankfully I have something to blame that on, the sheets.

Now I'm at work eating the jujubes off the reception desk because I didn't have time to have breakfast and my tummy feels yucky because of it. Blah.

2 comments:

chris.siemens. said...

thank you for saying jujubes....and NOT jubejubes. that just infuriates me.

Brittany said...

oh man!
i know EXACTLY what you're talking about with those sheets!
i have a set at home.
are they coming back with me when i go for my visit?
yes.
yes they are.