Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Happiest Christmas

Well, another Christmas bites the dust. With fond memories still fresh in my mind's eyes, the recently acted acts scroll through and certain events and people stick out as reasons to why this year's Christmas was so very merry. This Christmas season beheld many festivities, more than usual, which only encouraged the jolly feelings already present in my home. I have two jobs which means two Christmas parties, this year they were both a wild success. Laughter, red wine, smiles, delicious food, and good friends were all part of these events, and I have to say they were my favourite work Christmas parties to date. If I have to choose - The Junction Thai food and hilarious re-gift exchange stole my heart.

December 22nd was the night chosen well before the season was upon us, for the Fleet Family to celebrate our love for eachother. Post-exams, spirits were high and our decidedly formal evening took place at a delightful restaurant, which we had mostly to ourselves, feasting on black bean balls, chicken skewers, and shrimp and grits. It was a tasty treat, one I hope to re-love shortly.

The next day brought more celebrations in the company of, yet again, very dear friends. Potluck style food and wine, we dined until our stomachs would allow us to dine no more. Pasta, hummus, cheeses, cupcakes and cakeballs were only a few dishes, among many more, that were present at our annual Friends and Family Christmas gathering (minus two).



Christmas Eve, the night I look forward to from Boxing Day until December 23rd, met every expectation I had expected through the long year of expecting. Visiting, laughing, eating, visiting and more laughing are what make this evening all that it is to me. I love and cherish it and already am eagerly anticipating what next year's eve of Christmas will bring.

After a much needed coma, from days of over-eating no doubt, Christmas morning was upon us and off we went to skate the Downie rink and drink coffee with my parents and siblings. From there we went to celebrate the day and evening with Landen's family, and celebrate we did. It was lovely and I enjoyed every minute.

This year was slightly different in that we waited until Boxing Day to have my family's "Christmas Day". A new tradition, but a good tradition, this day was wonderful. A full day with the people I love most in the world, in all honesty it would be hard to ruin. My family has traditions that most other families do not, and with them come honesty and bonding - products that are surely meant to be noticed.

Though this account is missing so many moments shared and bites taken, I felt is necessary this year to set my feelings in stone. To have down the content, no, bliss that my heart felt this Christmas, seemingly more than any other year. It was one for the books and now it is recorded so that if my memory fails, surely these written words will re-kindle at least some of what this Christmas entailed.

Blissfully yours,
V. xo

No comments: