Thursday, March 13, 2008

Inspiration

Today I feel inspired to write a blog, which I have not done for quite some time now. For the last couple of months I have felt dry... As though I couldn't squeeze a drip of recent ponders from my brain to the black clavier where my fingers have rested; Waiting. Nothing. Today is nothing out of the ordinary, I experienced the silence of rested fingers just a minute ago but felt encouraged when I realized that no one will read this. I can write whatever I feel, even though I feel nothing yet am oddly motivated to write; but I have assurance that there will be no one there to critique my empty words. Hallelujah.

My life consists of... Work. On a day to day basis I am fighting the urge to call in sick. The push that motivates me to get out of bed is knowing that if I do call in sick, my poor mis-lead mother will be worried about what illness is keeping me from my duty of finding the poor youth of Winnipeg employment and will most likely take the trek to River Avenue at lunch hour to bring me food and sympathy. Oh the disappointment she would receive upon entering; to find me painting my nails or playing nintendo. The joys of working with Mom. It is now that she can stop repeating the words I despise to hear from her: "Be a woman of integrity". It is now that integrity is upon me; forcibly so. Unfortunately, yet fortunately, she is numb to that fact.

If only I could be satisfied with the slush soiling the back of my jeans. Summer seems far too distant, not to mention Fall: My goal, my prize. Daily I dream of textbooks, nervousness and re-kindeling my love affair avec le langue d'amour; Francais. As far away as Fall seems to be, saving money is my demon and my bank account is at an all-time low. With hopes of a maintaining a loan-free first year of university, I need to get on my A game. I will blame my worn out debit card on my living arrangement; Osborne Village. What else will I do but buy necklaces, bubble tea and boots? Nothing. I'll put my hope in summer being the solution; cycling the streets and walking the paths.

Here's to hoping... And to making it through the day.

*Cheers*


Love, Longlost V.