Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I want out.

I really do. I have the itch... or the bug that causes the itch? What the hek is the phrase anyway? I don't know... but I have whatever it is and I want to go on a trip.

So, why don't I?

Well, there are so many variables involved in the planning for and then carrying out some form of travel. The main restriction is my job. I do love working at Travel Manitoba, however I hate that I don't work FOR Travel Manitoba. Temping. It's the shits. You never know when a job is going to end, and you can't make plans because the company that you work for could change their minds at any given point and want you longer. If you say no, a) You don't get paid b) You screw them over c) You screw the temp agency over because they have to put a new temp there and d) You kinda make yourself look bad. It's an all around bad situation that I, personally, would like to avoid.

BUTTTTT.... I want to get out of Winnipeg!

When I returned home from Australia, where I was for 6 months, I was home a meer 5 days before starting a full-time job. Since then I have been working full-time, having had no days off to just chill. Well that's noy entirely true, I did have 3 days off for Gillian&Damien's wedding, however I would be lying if I said that it was relaxing even in the slightest way. So, as lame as it sounds, I want a break. I want to not work for at least a week, do things that I feel like doing, when I feel like doing them and it would be preferable if this all took place outside the city limits of my hometown.

Well, would you look at me, being a little whiner, "Wahwahwah, I can't handle working a full-time job like a normal human being, I deserve a holiday!"

... I tell it how it is. Whiner or not... I want out... and pronto!

No comments: